August 31, 2012
August 30, 2012
August 29, 2012
August 28, 2012
August 27, 2012
August 25, 2012
August 24, 2012
With the mystery of Chansey Leclaire and Curry Brennan’s connection solved, they are free to explore their newfound love for one another. Or so they thought...When Marsala uses a witch and black magic to discover Curry’s whereabouts, he and Chansey are left with no choice. The newly engaged couple is forced to relocate away from their families at the new compound in Savannah, which causes some major changes in the plans for their upcoming wedding.Relocating to Savannah might have saved Curry and Chansey from being discovered by Marsala, but it doesn’t stop her attempts to reach Curry or her efforts to harm Chansey through the use of black magic. As Marsala closes in, Curry faces the decision he never wanted to make. Will he keep Chansey human or condemn her to eternity as the thing he hates most?
As Curry waits for his hand to be forced, a newly turned vampire arrives at the Savannah compound in need of help. Not only is she a fledgeling in transition, she brings reports of escaping from a vampire cult still in possession of her sister, a human. Any attempt to save the captive human from a cult of vampires puts everyone in jeopardy. Can they risk entering a large cult to save one human being? And is so, how could they possibly do it successfully?Love will grow. New mysteries will arise. A battle will ensue. A Blood Jewel will be found.
A girl.A coma.A life she can't remember.
When Emma Walker wakes up in the hospital with no knowledge of how she got there, she learns that she's been in a coma for six months. Strangers show up and claim to be her parents, but she can't remember them. She can't remember anyone. Not her friends, not even her boyfriend. Even though she can't remember, everyone wants her to just pick up where she left off, but what she learns about the 'old her' makes her start to wish she'd never woken up. Her boyfriend breaks up with the new girl he's dating to be with her, her parents want her to start planning for college, her friends want their leader back, and her physical therapist with the hazel eyes keeps his distance to save his position at the hospital.
Will she ever feel like she recognizes the girl in the mirror?
Someone was speaking. No, he was yelling. It sounded angry, but my body refused to cooperate with my commands to open my eyes and be nosy. I tried to move my arms and again, there was no help from my limbs. It didn't strike me as odd until then.
I heard, "All I'm saying is that you need to be on time from now on." Then a slammed door startled me. I felt my lungs suck in breath that burned and hissed unlike anything I'd ever felt before. It was as if my lungs no longer performed that function and were protesting.
Then I heard a noise, a gaspy sound, and my cheek was touched by warm fingers. "Emma?" I tried to pry my eyes and felt the glue that seemed to hold them hostage begin to let go. "Emma?"
Who was Emma? I felt the first sliver of light and tried to lift my arm to shield myself, but it wouldn't budge. Whoever was in the room with me must've seen me squint, because the light was doused almost immediately to a soft glow. My eyelids fluttered without strength. I tried to focus on the boy before me. Or maybe he was a man. He was somewhere in between. I didn't know who he was, but he seemed shocked that I was looking up at him.
"Emma, just hold on. I'm your physical therapist and you're in the hospital. Your…" he looked back toward the door, "parents aren't here right now, but we'll call them. Don't worry."
I looked quizzically at him. What was he was going on and on about? That was when I saw the tubes on my chest connecting my face to the monitors. The beeping felt like a knife through my brain. I looked at the stranger's hazel eyes and pleaded with him to explain.
He licked his lips and said softly, "Emma, you were in an accident. You've been in a coma. They weren't sure if…you'd wake up or not."
Of everything he just said, the only thing I could think was, 'Who's Emma?'
Four women bound by chance take the trip of a lifetime in Karen McQuestion's fifth novel The Long Way Home. For Wisconsinites Marnie, Laverne and Rita, life isn?t working out so well. Each is biding time, waiting for something better, something to transport them out of what their lives have recently become. And then there's Jazzy: bubbly, positive, and happy even though she hears voices of the departed. Brought together by a chance meeting, the women decide to join Marnie on a road trip from Wisconsin to Las Vegas where she intends to reunite with Troy, the boy she raised as her own ? and who she's been separated from since her boyfriend's death. Little do they know that as the road trip unfolds, so will their lives ? in directions they never anticipated. Humorous, heartwarming, and bittersweet, the journey has something special in store for each woman.
August 23, 2012
Previously homeschooled Camie Ramsey is being shoved into the shark-infested waters of public high school, where even helium filled, penguin bespeckled arm floaties likely won’t help keep her inexperienced, fifteen-year old head above water in that rip current of hormones and emotions.Camie’s worldly wisdom might be severely lacking (i.e., the closest she’s come to being kissed was sitting too close to the TV whilst Jake Ryan leaned in to give Samantha that fateful 16th birthday kiss), but she does understand her only hope for survival is if she’s thrown some kind of “social” life preserver before she sinks like a freaking rock. However, what will her fate be when she endeavors to flag down the only lifeguard on duty, the enormously popular and ridiculously beautiful Tristan Daniels? The most sought after and virtually most unattainable guy in school who not only makes Camie’s heart flatline on a recurring basis, he’s also the one guy who seemingly doesn’t know she exists.Feeling like an inept piece of chum that could ultimately be swallowed by Jaws, can Camie get Tristan to rescue her from floundering in the treacherous deep, or is she destined to be Shark Bait?
Meena has a secret guarded closely by her family—a secret as dangerous as the sea, and buried just as deep. When court appointed community service workers are assigned to Flukes, the family-owned animal sanctuary, everyone is on high alert. It doesn’t help that Meena finds herself attracted to sexy-as-sin Blake Weathering, one of the new workers. If he wasn’t so distracting, she might be able to land Flukes a much-needed cruise line contract.
Blake Weathering, the first in his family to attend public school, has developed a tough image. Unfortunately it lands him in trouble. Now banned from his high school graduation ceremony, getting his diploma is dependent upon a community service gig cleaning fish crap. No diploma, no trust fund fortune—and no way to escape his overbearing father. The last thing he needs is the distraction of a mysterious girl with teal eyes who pulls at his heart strings.
When Blake discovers Meena’s secret, they are both thrown into a desperate search for information about her past. Two worlds pull them in opposite directions, and they will have to fight to hold onto all that really matters.
-From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.
-Try to make the Swoon 140 characters so you can tweet it. Add the #YABOUND Hashtag when you tweet.
August 22, 2012
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
2. "You like me, Lexi. I know it. You know it." He reached out to her, pushing his fingers up into her tangled mess of curly hair. "Why is that so wrong?"
3. "Lexi, don't you want to know what I'm talking about?" "Yep," she said letting her focus shift back to his emerald green eyes. "I want to..." "You want me too..." he began letting the words hang in the silence. Her eyes widened and pupils dilated with longing at the words. "...tell you what I'm talking about?" "Oh," she said, sucking in her bottom lip in confusion. "That's not what I thought you were going to say." He snickered again. "What I have to say can wait. What did you want me to say?" he asked leaning into her.
4. "I hear the way you talk about her, and I can see how you feel about her. Don’t even try to pretend like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Now, if you ever hurt her or my sister, I’ll find you.”
5. “I can’t believe they did this,” she whispered into the night. “I didn’t think they had fireworks this late in the season.” “They don’t.” Lexi shifted her gaze momentarily to stare into Ramsey’s shining green eyes. “They don’t? What do you mean?” He smiled at her, reaching up and cupping her chin. “I thought you’d like the surprise.” “You mean...you did this?” she asked putting the pieces together. “For you.”
6. He wasn’t like the other people she had dated. She had thought that he would be easy to figure out, a cookie-cutter sort of character. Yet, she couldn’t deny that she had enjoyed herself on their date, uncharacteristically so. She had lost herself in his strange, in-your-face personality for a time. She had even forgotten about Jack. It had surprised her that she had been able to forget such strong memories while with another man.
7. For some reason, Ramsey never passed more than a fleeting glance in Chyna’s direction. It was unlike anything Lexi had ever seen. Most guys openly ogled her gorgeous best friend, but Ramsey managed to make pleasant conversation without flirting and without coming onto her. Lexi was amazed by the end of the encounter, and didn’t know what to think about it.
8. “Please let me make it better. I hate seeing you this way,” he whispered reaching out to her. “Then don’t look at me,” she said pulling herself away from his touch. “I can’t help but look at you.” “Yes, you can.” “No, I can’t,” he said leaning in closer. “You are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.”
9. "If you don’t want to see me any longer, I would understand, but know that I still want to see you, Lexi. I didn’t know when I saw you again at the Country Club that you were my Alexa, but I figured it out pretty quick,” he told her using her first name rather possessively. “I wanted to tell you, but there was never a right time, and I thought you might think less of me. I wasn’t really in a good place at that time of my life. I thought you would just see me as that guy who had gotten you drunk and tried to take you back to his place. And I knew you were better than that. I wanted to be that other guy for you,” he said rambling on like the first time when she had spoken to him outside of the bathroom at the Country Club.
10. “I never had to fool you. You just had to open up your eyes."
11. His hand came up and swept her hair out of her face. "You know, Lexi, you're very beautiful." She smiled at him through her lustful eyes. "Thank you."
12. Ramsey was instantly at her side. Just before she met disaster, he scooped her up into his arms, and cradled her body in a gesture that strongly resembled a tango dip. Her cheeks were burning from a combination of mortified embarrassment, relief, and the fact that he was holding her in such an intimate position. She sucked in a few calming breaths, her eyes remaining locked into his emerald orbs. They were beautiful with flecks of gold spiraling away from the onyx pupils. And how had she missed that he smelled kind of like peppermints too? Peppermints mixed with something uniquely his own. Whatever it was, it was damn addictive.
13. "Beauty is only skin deep," she quipped not letting herself get suckered into his sweet talk. "Not on you."
"You don't even know me."
"And you don't know me. Yet we've gone on two dates and we've kissed. I know you feel something for me. You just don't know what it is yet," he told her sitting next to her on the floor. Lexi shook her head. "You're right. I don't know you, and I don't know what I feel."
"Then let me show you," he said leaning forward and capturing her lips in his own.
14. " But I do want you. at least, something with you, even if we start slow," he pushed.
15."Ramsey," she whispered his name as he locked lips with her. She held still as long as she could before giving into his kiss. His sweet taste of peppermint overpowered her senses ans she closed her eyes to breathe him in. His lips moved softly against her own, coaxing out her emotions not demanding them. She couldn't help but give in to his adoring affections.
So if you feel a tad unsatisfied with some of the open-ended threads from Love Unscripted, we still have Slipknot to film with the enamored Jonathan Follweiler at the helm, then there is the global premier of Seaside II with private jets and foreign countries to visit. Seaside III is scheduled to start production in the fall and Pete and Tammy’s wedding is in there too. And what about that script for The Isletin Solution? What are we going to do about that? Hmm…
More secrets, more lies, more drama, and certainly more media coverage. Stay tuned to read what happens to Ryan and Taryn next!!
August 21, 2012
"Whoever said, 'parents are always right' really should have thought that one through. After all, my mom believes in vampires. Go figure."
All Abigail Thompson ever wanted was to be considered normal. Instead, she ended up a loner with a vampire–obsessed mom and a stamp labeling her the resident freak of Karma, California.
When bad boy Caleb Evans saves Abby from a mean girl attack straight out of a “B” movie, Abby’s own karma starts to improve. Maybe “normal” could become her way of life, after all. But Caleb isn’t the only boy to notice her. Once newcomer Gabriel Chambers becomes Abby’s new best friend, she finds herself trapped between two boys, both holding secrets. And when Abby learns sometimes things really do go bump in the night, she discovers one of those secrets could just get her killed.
~I squeeze my way through the students herding toward the door. Don’t these people understand I’m tortured here? They should totally let me out first. I’m trying not to become a bullied teen statistic.
~Caleb pulls out a cigarette and lights it. I know I’m cringing. I hate cigarette smoke. Hate it. He’s ruining my fantasy of him right now.
~I start to walk away, but he reaches out and grabs my arm to stop me. Okay, I know I’m a little loony, but as he’s turning me, I see it all in my head, like it’s a movie. He spins me toward him, pulling me tightly against him. I melt into him and sigh as he looks at me with that tortured look of his and says, “I tried to stay away from you, but I just can’t.” And then he kisses me and we really do become one. Our tongues tangle together, Caleb’s hand running through my hair. My whole body feels as though it could explode and I fear I might. Caleb is kissing me!
“Did you hear me?”
His words snap me back into reality like an elastic band. He’s not kissing me. I’m not in his arms. And I’m officially a pervert.
~I. Just. Died. My feet cement to the ground. Heat simmers through me, wrapping around me in little ribbons. Not because I’m embarrassed, but because I’m touched. His words reach down to a place inside me I didn’t know existed. A place no one has tried to reach before, but one I don’t think I’ll ever be satisfied without someone reaching again. He thinks I’m strong? I don’t feel it. Never have.
~He sucks my bottom lip into his mouth a little before peppering more of his soft kisses to my lips and then his tongue teases the seam of my mouth. I don’t have to be asked twice. Hoping I’m doing this right, hoping those hummingbirds can fight off the nerves inside me, I open up for him. Letting his tongue touch mine. It’s a game of give and take, of exploration as he tastes me and I taste him. I learn his mouth and then he learns mine. I’m dizzy. I can hardly breathe air, so I breathe him instead.