This week My Book Boyfriend is Ramsey Bridges from the Avoiding Series by KA Linde. I originally read this book on fictionpress, but it has recently released on Amazon/BN/others in eBook and paperback. I was SO excited that these books finally published! Some of you may know that I tend to favor guys that are a little bit bad. Well, I've made an exception. Ramsey, even though he isn't perfect by any means, is a good guy. So, not only does he have a great personality, he's smokin' hot! In my head, Ramsey looks the most like Johann Urb. Now, there are two books in the series so far and it was quite difficult to pull quotes. With the help of my friends, Jessica, Trish, Cristin, and my fellow Bekah Haters Club members, I have some great ones to share with you. These quotes are from Avoiding Commitment. I will do a separate post for quotes from Avoiding Responsibility once it releases. Without further ado.....meet delicious RAMSEY!
2. "You like me, Lexi. I know it. You know it." He reached out to her, pushing his fingers up into her tangled mess of curly hair. "Why is that so wrong?"
3. "Lexi, don't you want to know what I'm talking about?" "Yep," she said letting her focus shift back to his emerald green eyes. "I want to..." "You want me too..." he began letting the words hang in the silence. Her eyes widened and pupils dilated with longing at the words. "...tell you what I'm talking about?" "Oh," she said, sucking in her bottom lip in confusion. "That's not what I thought you were going to say." He snickered again. "What I have to say can wait. What did you want me to say?" he asked leaning into her.
4. "I hear the way you talk about her, and I can see how you feel about her. Don’t even try to pretend like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Now, if you ever hurt her or my sister, I’ll find you.”
5. “I can’t believe they did this,” she whispered into the night. “I didn’t think they had fireworks this late in the season.” “They don’t.” Lexi shifted her gaze momentarily to stare into Ramsey’s shining green eyes. “They don’t? What do you mean?” He smiled at her, reaching up and cupping her chin. “I thought you’d like the surprise.” “You mean...you did this?” she asked putting the pieces together. “For you.”
6. He wasn’t like the other people she had dated. She had thought that he would be easy to figure out, a cookie-cutter sort of character. Yet, she couldn’t deny that she had enjoyed herself on their date, uncharacteristically so. She had lost herself in his strange, in-your-face personality for a time. She had even forgotten about Jack. It had surprised her that she had been able to forget such strong memories while with another man.
7. For some reason, Ramsey never passed more than a fleeting glance in Chyna’s direction. It was unlike anything Lexi had ever seen. Most guys openly ogled her gorgeous best friend, but Ramsey managed to make pleasant conversation without flirting and without coming onto her. Lexi was amazed by the end of the encounter, and didn’t know what to think about it.
8. “Please let me make it better. I hate seeing you this way,” he whispered reaching out to her. “Then don’t look at me,” she said pulling herself away from his touch. “I can’t help but look at you.” “Yes, you can.” “No, I can’t,” he said leaning in closer. “You are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.”
9. "If you don’t want to see me any longer, I would understand, but know that I still want to see you, Lexi. I didn’t know when I saw you again at the Country Club that you were my Alexa, but I figured it out pretty quick,” he told her using her first name rather possessively. “I wanted to tell you, but there was never a right time, and I thought you might think less of me. I wasn’t really in a good place at that time of my life. I thought you would just see me as that guy who had gotten you drunk and tried to take you back to his place. And I knew you were better than that. I wanted to be that other guy for you,” he said rambling on like the first time when she had spoken to him outside of the bathroom at the Country Club.
10. “I never had to fool you. You just had to open up your eyes."
11. His hand came up and swept her hair out of her face. "You know, Lexi, you're very beautiful." She smiled at him through her lustful eyes. "Thank you."
12. Ramsey was instantly at her side. Just before she met disaster, he scooped her up into his arms, and cradled her body in a gesture that strongly resembled a tango dip. Her cheeks were burning from a combination of mortified embarrassment, relief, and the fact that he was holding her in such an intimate position. She sucked in a few calming breaths, her eyes remaining locked into his emerald orbs. They were beautiful with flecks of gold spiraling away from the onyx pupils. And how had she missed that he smelled kind of like peppermints too? Peppermints mixed with something uniquely his own. Whatever it was, it was damn addictive.
13. "Beauty is only skin deep," she quipped not letting herself get suckered into his sweet talk. "Not on you."
"You don't even know me."
"And you don't know me. Yet we've gone on two dates and we've kissed. I know you feel something for me. You just don't know what it is yet," he told her sitting next to her on the floor. Lexi shook her head. "You're right. I don't know you, and I don't know what I feel."
"Then let me show you," he said leaning forward and capturing her lips in his own.
14. " But I do want you. at least, something with you, even if we start slow," he pushed.
15."Ramsey," she whispered his name as he locked lips with her. She held still as long as she could before giving into his kiss. His sweet taste of peppermint overpowered her senses ans she closed her eyes to breathe him in. His lips moved softly against her own, coaxing out her emotions not demanding them. She couldn't help but give in to his adoring affections.
I mean...isn't he DREAMY?!?!